- Founded in 2009, Gaia Energy is a pioneering independent large scale renewable energy developer in Africa.
- Gaia Energy develops, owns and invests in RE projects, focusing mainly on wind in high-growth African markets.
- The company is leveraging on its local footprint, connection with the local decision makers and long experience, to identify and originate attractive development or acquisition opportunities in countries with strong need of electricity.
- The company has a distinctive approach to project development in Africa, with a proactive resource allocation to prioritize projects with a high likelihood of achieving Financial Close (“FC”) in the medium term.
- Gaia Energy has a long-term vision covering key stages of project development from origination to financial close.
It combines technical, economical, fundraising and political expertise to local market, allowing to optimize the feasibility of the project.