Gaia Energy is a leading independent large scale renewable energy developer in Africa, headquartered in Morocco. We are the first local company developing large scale renewable energy projects in Africa, adopting the highest international technical standards with prevalence in more than 10 countries and a large pipeline of projects under development. We partner and work together with large utilities, national grid operators and governments to energize Africa. Gaia has developed a unique process tailored to the needs and demands of emerging countries.
- Gaia Energy has jointly created with the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a platform dedicated to large scale renewable energy project development in Africa (namely “Gaia Energy Platform Africa – GEPA”).
- GEPA is developing wind farm projects in Tunisia.
- GEPA is looking for private off-takers (high voltage) to purchase the electricity produced by the wind farm through long term power purchase agreements (PPAs).
- The researched profile is an experimented Commercial, able to understand and negotiate the PPA terms with private off-takers.
- The researched profile will work as a consultant and will be entirely responsible for the progress of the PPA negotiations.
- The researched profile will be under the direct supervision of our local Senior Business Developer, local Site Director and Headquarters Project Manager in Morocco.
- The researched profile’s scope of work will be dedicated to planning, organizing, coordinating, taking part, negotiating, reporting and following up on the PPA negotiations in Tunisia.
- Global experience in RE technologies and the energy sector
- Well knowledge regarding RE laws and tariff regime in Tunisia
- Experience negotiating high level contracts
- Experience negotiating PPAs
- Good Commercial Skills
- Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Negotiation, conflict management skills
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite)
- Strong report writing and analytical skills in English
- Strong communication skills in English
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
You have a good knowledge of the energy sector and you are passionate about renewable energies, especially solar and wind. You know how to analyze the technical, administrative, regulatory and economic issues and how to negotiate a contract. With a relational ease and negotiation skills, you are rigorous, motivated and you have the taste of teamwork.
TYPE OF CONTRACT
- Type of contract : Consultant contract
- Remuneration : between $ 1,300 and 1,800 USD / month
- Bonus per GWh sold to be negotiated