Gaia Energy Holding is a leading independent large scale renewable energy developer in Africa, headquartered in Morocco. While adopting the highest international technical standards, Gaia Energy is the first African company having a prevalence in 10 energy markets under development. Gaia offices gather a multicultural team of 40 experienced staff members. The core mission of Gaia Energy is to develop, finance, and bring to COD large scale, renewable energy projects in emerging markets.
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, has forged a new partnership with Gaia Energy to create a joint platform for the development of wind power and other renewable energy projects in Africa. The new joint platform will start with a pipeline of 22 projects in nine countries in North, West and East Africa, representing a pipeline under development of more than 3 gigawatts. Originally developed by Gaia Energy, this pipeline will be progressively enlarged to new countries across the continent. In this context, Gaia Energy recruits a Financial Analyst in Algeria.
OPEN POSITION : FINANCIAL ANALYST IN ALGERIA
- Support the economic and financial analysis and the implementation of tax policies and regulations for the projects of different countries
- Market intelligence and consolidation of all types of financial data
- Create and manage datasets of financial and economic metrics pertaining to the renewable energy sector
- Create and update an in-house financial model specific to each country
- Quantitative analysis and financial modelling with implementation of local tax policies
- Supporting Country Directors and their teams on numerous financial subjects (financial communication, analysis, tools…)
- Liaison with the financial institutions and various stakeholders
- Prepare presentations for meetings and internal committees (project development committees, investment committees).
- Perform portfolio valuation, financial modelling, analysis of financial accounts, legal documentation and involvement in transaction negotiation
- Screening new investment opportunities and to express investment views and recommendations
- Contribute to the due diligence process, conducting market research, interacting with advisors and management teams, and preparing investment committee materials
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced university degree or graduate from Business or Engineering schools, in relevant disciplines, such as economics, finance, business
- Min 5 years’ experience working on analysis of energy financing, project finance and financial modelling
- Experience working in/with african economies and in renewable energy would be an asset
- Experience working with financial and economic tools for evaluating investments, renewable energy markets and regulations is an advantage
- Experience with statistical programs and programming languages is an asset
- Fluent in English and French.
TYPE OF CONTRACT
Long term job – full time